This dish for enchiladas is quite quick and only requires a minimum of ingredients (of course, you could always add more or modify to your liking!). Give it a go and send me pictures on Facebook or Instagram (at hope_omf)!
Chicken Enchiladas for Four
This recipe for chicken enchiladas is so easy and so deliciously comforting. And the greatest thing is, you can change up the ingredients to whatever you want! Ground meat instead of shredded meat, fresh vegetables to go All-Out-Vegetarian, spices of your liking, different cheeses ... it's completely versatile!
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (more if you want)
- 1 TBS dried Italian seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked (boiled or grilled) and shredded with a fork
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 sprigs cilantro, chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste, water, and spices (you can also use a can of tomato sauce if you don't want to dilute or don't have tomato paste).
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 pan and spread it to the edge.
- Distribute the shredded chicken onto each tortilla, about 1/2 cup or so for each. Sprinkle in some diced green pepper, then roll up the tortilla tightly and place (seam side down) onto the tomato sauce in the pan.
- Do the same with the rest of the tortillas, placing them parallel to each other in the pan.
- After all the tortillas have been filled, pour the rest of the tomato sauce over all the tortillas, spreading to the edge.
- Sprinkle the corn over the top along with any green pepper that's leftover.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Turn off the oven and take out the enchiladas. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and put the pan back in the oven until the cheese is melted, 5 minutes or so.
- Serve immediately!
Oh My Foodness! https://oh-my-foodness.com/