As I mentioned in my previous post, last weekend was so fun, having our friends over to see our new house and sharing food with them. Since we opened our home all day long, we planned three meals to share with our guests. In the morning we served brunch: mini quiches, fruit, blueberry muffins, cherry hand pies, orange juice, coffee and hot tea.
The mini quiches I made were so super easy and delicious that I wanted to share them with you guys!
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1/2 cup turkey or ham lunch meat, sliced into cubes (or ground, cooked sausage)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning taste
- 3/4-1 cup of cheese (mozzarella and cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly grease your muffin pan
- Cut pie crust into circles with a glass tumbler or biscuit cutter. Place each circle into your muffin pan, crimping the edges a bit so the crust lays flesh with the pan.
- Sprinkle 1-2 TBS of meat in the bottom of each crust.
- In a small bowl with a spout (such as a 2-cup glass liquid measuring cup), crack your eggs, add your milk and seasonings. Whisk well. Pour over the meat in the pie crust. You should only fill the crust cups right up to the top and not higher.
- Sprinkle 1 TBS cheese over the top of each quiche.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the egg mixture doesn’t jiggle anymore, the top of each quiche is golden brown and domed and the crust is crispy.
- Let the quiches cool at least 10 minutes before removing them from the pan. You may need a knife to gently loosen each quiche around the edges.
- Serve with fruit and muffins :)
- Yield: approx a dozen mini quiches