Phew, things are getting busy over at my house this month. Our roommates are out of the country, exploring England and France while Cobalt and I add hours to our jobs and fiddle with our broken dishwasher. Making legitimate meals hasn’t been happening regularly. I think I’ve only made one the whole week? Tonight we opted to buy frozen Digiorno Pizza (not a sponsor) because A) We all made pizza last week from scratch and B) Digiorno doesn’t taste half bad for frozen pizza. Beats paying too much for Delivery…
Speaking of quick meals, remember when I posted a recipe for Enchiladas but it was for 4-6 people?
Well, today I’m featuring a Food for One version. If you feel like sharing, or aren’t as hungry as you thought, this dish could serve two ;-) Or you could make them into two small casserole dishes to add a fun “personal casserole” touch to it.
The great thing about this recipe is you might already have at least half of these ingredients in your cupboard/fridge!
- 2 tortillas
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 2 TBS minced onion
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray the inside of an oven safe bowl with cooking oil. Spoon a couple spoonfuls of beans at the bottom.
- Tear a tortilla and lay it over the beans. Spoon a few more beans on top along with a sprinkle of onion, tomato and cheese.
- Layer this one more time, ending with cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes until bubbly.
- (I baked mine in my toaster oven for a quicker dinner and to prevent the kitchen from getting too hot.)