I blended up this smoothie a couple of days ago. After eating one serving, I froze the remaining contents in 2 small plastic cups. When it came time to eat a frozen one, I put one of the cups in the microwave and pressed “Auto Defrost.” (I then watched it so the plastic cup and delicious drink wouldn’t melt.)
BANANA, YOGURT AND PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
- 2-3 frozen bananas (don’t freeze them in the skin as it’s hard to peel off the frozen skin)
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt (or whatever kind of yogurt you want)
- 1 cup pineapple
- Milk, water or orange juice if consistency is too thick.
- Ice if consistency is too watery (Or you can freeze the mixture for a couple of hours and then re-blend it)
Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
I made these “drop” biscuits also. They’re super easy and quick! :)
WHOLE WHEAT NO-SHAPE BISCUITS
Makes 10-18 biscuits (depending on their size)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 TBS flax seed
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 TBS milk, add more if needed
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In small bowl, add all dry ingredients. In a larger bowl, add all wet ingredients. Slowly add dry to wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix. Pour onto a greased baking sheet. Push down and spread dough to desired thickness. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until top is golden brown, and “biscuits” are brown around edges.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing it into squares. You can use a pizza cutter!
Store in a sealed container for up to a week. Put it in the fridge if the room is really warm to prevent mold.